Suzanne took her first group fitness class, a step class, in 1997. The intensity, the energy, the adrenaline rush — she was hooked. It soon led to other group fitness classes, including sculpt, cardio kickboxing and yoga. She found the group fitness experience to be the most enjoyable way of working out. Taking her user experience, she decided to apply it and earned her group fitness instructor certification. After training with one of her instructors, Suzanne started teaching one of her favorite formats — cardio kickboxing. With a strong background in music and dance (11 years of classical piano, 12 years of international style ballroom and 6 years of East Coast swing), the choreography came naturally to her.
While physical exercise is important, what you feed your body has a greater impact on your overall health and stress levels. Drawing from her own experiences with food sensitivities, the process has taught Suzanne to change the way one should think about food. The key to permanent weight loss is creating new eating habits, making healthy food choices, cooking with whole food sources as much as possible and learning to enjoy food.
After getting laid off from her design job, Suzanne decided to turn her love of fitness into a career and expanded into personal training and lifestyle consulting. In June 2009, she created her own fitness consulting company SKo-Fit. The idea behind the company is to provide clients with a holistic approach to their overall health and well-being. Through fitness classes, personal training and lifestyle change, Suzanne will be able to assist clients in creating a healthier lifestyle.
- American Council on Exercise — Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- American Council on Exercise — Certified Life Coach
- American Council on Exercise — Certified Personal Trainer
- American Heart Association — Adult CPR/AED
- Yoga Alliance — Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200)
- TRX Training – Suspension Training
- Dragon Door – Hardstyle Kettlebell Certification (HKC)
- StrongFirst – SFG Level I Kettlebell Certification (SFG)